10 things about your new Medicare card
- Mailing takes time: Your card may arrive at a different time than your friend’s or neighbor’s.
- Destroy your old Medicare card: Once you get your new Medicare card, destroy your old Medicare card and start using your new card right away.
- Guard your card: Only give your new Medicare Number to doctors, pharmacists, other health care providers, your insurers, or people you trust to work with Medicare on your behalf.
- Your Medicare Number is unique: Your card has a new number instead of your Social Security Number. This new number is unique to you.
- Your new card is paper: Paper cards are easier for many providers to use and copy, and they save taxpayers a lot of money. Plus, you can print your own replacement card if you need one!
- Keep your new card with you: Carry your new card and show it to your health care providers when you need care.
- Your doctor knows it’s coming: Doctors, other health care facilities and providers will ask for your new Medicare card when you need care.
- You can find your number: If you forget your new card, you, your doctor or other health care provider may be able to look up your Medicare Number online.
- Keep your Medicare Advantage Card: If you’re in a Medicare Advantage Plan (like an HMO or PPO), your Medicare Advantage Plan ID card is your main card for Medicare – you should still keep and use it whenever you need care. However, you also may be asked to show your new Medicare card, so you should carry this card too.
- Help is available: If you don’t get your new Medicare card by April 2019, call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY users can call 1-877-486-2048.
You have the right to get Medicare information in an accessible format, like large print, Braille, or audio. You also have the right to le a complaint if you feel you’ve been discriminated against. Visit CMS.gov/about-cms/agency-information/aboutwebsite/cmsnondiscriminationnotice.html, or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) for more information. TTY users can call 1-877-486-2048.